Supervision of bachelor and master theses
If you are interested in Differential Geometry/Topology, feel free to contact me to ask about supervising your thesis (and we can discuss to find a suitable topic). These are the areas I am most familiar with:
- Contact and Symplectic Topology
- h-Principle (i.e. topological methods to construct/classify geometric structures)
- Subriemannian Geometry (i.e. the theory of subbundles of the tangent bundle)
- Poisson Geometry (particularly its topological aspects)
I would also be happy to chat if you are interested in Lorentz/Riemannian Geometry or Geometric Analysis.
- Anna Fokma: TBA. Expected defense date: September 2025
- Aaron Gootjes-Dreesbach: Non-local differential relations. Expected defense date: January 2025.
- Francisco Javier Martínez Aguinaga: Global aspects of bracket-generating distributions (cosupervisor: F. Presas). Expected defense date: June 2023.
- Lauran Toussaint: Contact Structures and Codimension-one Symplectic Foliations (cosupervisor: M. Crainic). Defense date: March 2020.
- Caspar Meijs. Arboreal singularities. September 2022 to present.
- Floor ter Haar. (2,3,5) distributions. September 2022 to present.
- Nina Rutten: (4,6) elliptic distributions. September 2022 to present.
- Frank Imbens. Black holes and symplectic geometry (cosupervised by T. Hinderer). January 2022 to February 2023.
- Giacomo Cristinelli: Anisotropic deformation on contact three-manifolds. March 2021 to March 2022.
- Bas de Pooter: Differential relations with delay. October 2020 to July 2021.
- Jan Denkers: Multijets and non-local h-principles. Feb 2020 to July 2021.
- Lotte Bruijnen: Filtered structures. July 2019 to August 2020.
- Chris van Noorden. Morse homology. January 2023 to present.
- Simon Vos. Subriemannian geometry and general relativity (cosupervised by T. Hinderer). January 2023 to present.
- Koen Olij. Metric spaces and applications to group theory. December 2022 to present.
- Arthur van Ooijen. Classification of foliations (cosupervised by A. Fokma). December 2022 to present.
- Andrea Wiendels. 3-manifolds and Morse theory. November 2022 to present.
- Niallan Blauw. Blackhole mergers (cosupervised by T. Hinderer). September 2022 to present.
- Sam Lindauer: Horizontal knots in Martinet distributions (cosupervised by A. Gootjes-Dreesbach). November 2021 to June 2022.
- Esther Steenkamer: Fundamentals of Geometric Analysis. October 2021 to June 2022.
- Jelle Draijer: An Exploration of Gauge Theory and Spinors on a Spacetime Manifold (cosupervised by Dirk Schuricht). February to July 2021.
- Mick Schilder: Regular Homotopies and the Sphere Eversion (cosupervised by A. Gootjes-Dreesbach). February to July 2021.
- Hanneke Schroten: Geodesics in semi-Riemannian Geometry and links to General Relativity (cosupervised by T. Grimm). February to July 2021.
- Ket Bottelier: Semi-Riemannian Geometry and Wavefronts in GR (cosupervised by T. Hinderer and R. Versendaal). February to July 2021.
- Floor ter Haar: Constructing distributions in low dimensions. August 2020 to January 2021.
- Juri Sampieri Bjornsson: Semiriemannian structures and rolling. May 2020 to January 2021.
- Robin van de Griend: Simplicial Complexes and Persistent Homology. March to June 2020.