Supervision of bachelor and master theses
If you are interested in Differential Geometry/Topology, feel free to contact me to ask about supervising your thesis (and we can discuss to find a suitable topic). These are the areas I am most familiar with:
- Contact and Symplectic Topology
- h-Principle (i.e. topological methods to construct/classify geometric structures)
- Subriemannian Geometry (i.e. the theory of subbundles of the tangent bundle)
I would also be happy to chat if you are interested in Lorentz/Riemannian Geometry or Geometric Analysis (but this is further away from what I normally do!)
- Anna Fokma: TBA. Expected defense date: September 2025
- Aaron Gootjes-Dreesbach: Non-local differential relations. Expected defense date: January 2025.
- Francisco Javier Martínez Aguinaga: Knots tangent to bracket-generating distributions (tentative title; main supervisor: F. Presas). Expected defense date: January 2022.
- Lauran Toussaint: Contact Structures and Codimension-one Symplectic Foliations (main supervisor: M. Crainic). Defense date: March 2020.
- Nina Rutten: (4,6) elliptic distributions. March 2021 to present.
- Giacomo Cristinelli: TBA. March 2021 to present.
- Bas de Pooter: Differential relations with delay. October 2020 to July 2021.
- Jan Denkers: Multijets and non-local h-principles. Feb 2020 to July 2021.
- Lotte Bruijnen: Filtered structures. July 2019 to August 2020.
- Sam Lindauer: Horizontal knots in Martinet distributions (cosupervised by A. Gootjes-Dreesbach). November 2021 to April 2022.
- Esther Steenkamer: The Atiyah-Singer theorem. October 2021 to January 2022.
- Jelle Draijer: An Exploration of Gauge Theory and Spinors on a Spacetime Manifold (cosupervised by Dirk Schuricht). February to July 2021.
- Mick Schilder: Regular Homotopies and the Sphere Eversion (cosupervised by A. Gootjes-Dreesbach). February to July 2021.
- Hanneke Schroten: Geodesics in semi-Riemannian Geometry and links to General Relativity (cosupervised by T. Grimm). February to July 2021.
- Ket Bottelier: Semi-Riemannian Geometry and Wavefronts in GR (cosupervised by T. Hinderer and R. Versendaal). February to July 2021.
- Floor ter Haar: Constructing distributions in low dimensions. August 2020 to January 2021.
- Juri Sampieri Bjornsson: Semiriemannian structures and rolling. May 2020 to January 2021.
- Robin van de Griend: Simplicial Complexes and Persistent Homology. March to June 2020.